Air Conditioning Maintenance
Air Conditioning Tune-up Services in Montgomery Alabama
If you’re like most people, you probably make sure to have regular oil changes and maintenance performed on your vehicles to keep them running smoothly. Just like your car, your air conditioning system also needs regular maintenance for it to perform at optimal efficiency.
However, too many homeowners fail to have their air conditioning system checked on a regular basis, which can lead to frequent breakdowns and even early replacement.
Fortunately, it’s never too late to get into the habit of having HVAC system maintenance tune-ups performed on your air conditioning system. For all of your Montgomery, AL HVAC maintenance, repair and installation needs, trust the NATE-certified technicians at Hans Heating & Air. Reach out to us today for air conditioning services in Montgomery, AL.
Air Conditioning Tune-Up Tips
Sometimes we forget our HVAC system needs TLC to work properly. Your air conditioner is one of the most expensive appliances in your home, so it’s important to take care of it so it takes care of you during the hot and humid Montgomery, AL summer.
We typically recommend our residential and commercial customers have air conditioning maintenance performed in the spring, preferably before you turn the unit on for the first time. This allows our technicians to inspect the entire unit and catch any smaller issues before they lead to bigger, more expensive problems down the road.
If spring came and went, but you forgot to schedule air conditioning maintenance, it’s OK to schedule service during the summer, too.
No matter when tune-ups are scheduled, you save money in the long run. Well-maintained air conditioning systems reduce the risk of breakdowns, lower energy use, and drop costs. Because of the energy efficiency of maintained systems, utility bills lower over time. Without a tune-up, HVAC equipment becomes outdated and uses more energy than necessary.
Tips to Care for Your AC System
Schedule a visit
First and foremost, schedule a maintenance check as soon as possible. A tune-up is essential for the functionality of your air conditioning system. To avoid needing air conditioning repair services, you need to schedule air conditioning services and tune-ups with a trusted air conditioning company at least twice a year—once in the spring and another in the fall.
This ensures your entire system, air conditioning and heating, works properly year-round. An air conditioning tune-up on your HVAC equipment in the summer still gets the job done!
Change thermostat settings
While you wait for your air conditioning services, adjust the settings on the thermostat. A quick check on your thermostat ensures the temperature stays comfortable.
Smart thermostats adjust the temperature for you based on the environment. It’s worth a check in case you don’t have a smart thermostat and didn’t know.
Another quick check before your HVAC services relates to filters. Check if your filters are filled with dirt, dust, or other air pollutants. A technician changes it during a maintenance visit—but make a note to check it monthly.
Don’t wait for seasonal HVAC services. Dirty filters cause lots of problems, so check them regularly and change them as needed.
What Happens During an AC Tune-Up?
Now that your tune-up is scheduled, what goes into seasonal maintenance?
- Refrigerant check. First, a technician checks the refrigerant level in the air conditioning system. Low refrigerant levels mean there is a potential leak. Under no circumstances should you check the refrigerant yourself. Because of its high toxicity, only trained HVAC technicians should handle refrigerant problems at your Montgomery, AL home.
- Electrical check. Electrical connections to an air conditioning system loosen over time. With loose connections, air conditioning ceases to work at its best. Technicians check these connections to ensure the system is working properly.
- Visual inspection. An air conditioning tune-up usually starts with a visual inspection to check for obvious problems. Issues with your air conditioner are caught quickly in this inspection, which prevents larger problems down the line.
- Check condensate drain. Next, the HVAC technician clears out the condensate drain. This keeps mold, water damage, and irregular temperatures away. Accumulated moisture in the condensate drain causes problems, so it must be emptied during routine air conditioning services.
- Part lubrication. Then, parts in the system are lubricated to ensure everything works together smoothly. Parts without lubrication hinder the functionality of an air conditioning system. However, lubricated parts improve the overall quality of your air conditioning system because fewer problems occur when everything runs as it should. That’s the ultimate goal of scheduled service checks.
Become an Express Comfort Club Member
The best way to remember to schedule AC maintenance with our skilled technicians is by enrolling in our Express Comfort Club Membership. As a member, you’ll receive the following benefits.
- 3-year parts and labor warranty
- Priority service
- Two season tune-ups per year for just $69 each
- 15% discount on repairs
- No overtime charges
And best yet, we’ll remind you when it’s time for your cooling and heating tune-ups so you don’t miss an appointment.
Contact Us to Book Your Air Conditioning Tune-Up
Contact Hans Heating & Air today to schedule a maintenance check to ensure the quality of your air conditioning system. Remember, it saves money because your AC system runs more efficiently and it provides better comfort and reliability. Temperatures in Montgomery, AL are far too high to wait until next year for your tune-up, so give Hans Heating & Air a call today to schedule a visit or book online. We serve homes throughout the Montgomery, AL area, so give us a call.
Get Comfort Today Or You Don’t Pay!
At Hans Heating and Air, you get this area’s highest ranked service provider with 24-hour repair service, no overtime charges, and our same day service guarantee. Plus, instead of other company’s 30-day repair warranty, we give you a 3-year repair warranty.