Lake Martin, AL Air Conditioning Installation
Air Conditioning Installation in Lake Martin, AL
Before the temperatures begin to climb in Lake Martin, AL, it’s a good idea to take your air conditioner for a test run first. Make sure that your system can thoroughly cool your home. If it struggles, you might want to think about how well it worked last summer. If you needed to call for repairs multiple times, or your system just couldn’t cool your house the way you expected it to, you might want to consider installing a new AC unit.
Hans Heating and Air is your best bet for quality air conditioning installation in Lake Martin, AL. Our team will provide you with a comprehensive estimate of the cost of a new system and installation services. Let’s work together to make sure that a new air conditioning system is the best solution for your home comfort issues, and then we’ll help you find the best system for your home and install it for you.
Is It Time To Replace My Air Conditioner?
Can my air conditioner be fixed? Many homeowners ask us this question when they suddenly find themselves with a broken cooling system. Sometimes an air conditioner repair is all you need to make your home comfortable again, but all cooling systems reach the end of their lives eventually. Follow our comprehensive guide to help you figure out if you need to replace your air conditioner.
Air Conditioning Repairs Are Better If…
- Your system is under 10 years of age
- You have kept up with maintenance and repairs for your system
- The repair is minor and affordable
- Your unit hasn’t needed many repairs in the past
Air Conditioning Replacement is Better If…
- The system is older than 10-15 years
- There has been little or no maintenance done on the cooling system
- Repairs are major
- You’ve needed several repairs recently
How To Find The Best Air Conditioner For Your Lake Martin, AL Home
Buying a new air conditioner is like buying a car. Not every car will appease everyone’s needs, just like a new air conditioner will not cool every home to everyone’s personal comfort preferences. There are many factors to consider when shopping for a new air conditioner, and Hans can help you make sense of how to find the best cooling system for your home.
- Budget – Before investing in a new air conditioning system for your Lake Martin, AL home, it’s good to have a budget in mind. Hans can help you understand the initial costs and provide insight into the long-term benefits of each type of air conditioning system. While a new high-efficient system may have a higher upfront cost, we can help you calculate the savings you’ll expect to see on your energy bills to help displace the cost over time.
- Size – The new unit should be the right size for the square footage and layout of your home. Our expert technicians will calculate this formula and present a range of options that can effectively cool your home.
- Efficiency – Whether your goal is to save money on electric bills or reduce your carbon footprint, Hans will help you understand what ratings, including Energy Star and SEER, mean for your bottom line. New air conditioners are much more efficient than ones purchased just 10 years ago, so you’ll be happy to see much more affordable energy bills each month as a result of installing a high-efficiency cooling system.
- Smart Technology – Some homeowners want to keep it simple when it comes to cooling their homes. However, you may prefer smart home technologies that allow you to adjust the temperature and humidity levels throughout the day from the convenience of your smartphone.
- Indoor Air Quality Accessories – Air conditioning systems can often benefit from whole-home dehumidifiers, air purifiers, and other accessories to improve the comfort and health of your family.
When To Start Considering Replacing Your Air Conditioner
When you’ve repaired your air conditioner a number of times throughout its lifespan, you might start to wonder when it will need to be replaced. If you’re toying with the idea of replacing your cooling system, here are the definite signs that you’ll want to upgrade your system soon.
AC Unit is 15 Years Old
Most HVAC service companies recommend replacing a system that’s over 15 years old and is experiencing frequent cooling problems. Most manufacturers’ warranties expire after 10 years, which is why it’s often recommended to replace the unit at this time instead of paying for an expensive repair.
System Still Uses Freon
Freon is a refrigerant that was formerly used in air conditioners. However, it was found that freon, or R-22, was incredibly harmful to the environment and has been phased out. Homeowners with air conditioners that still use freon will find it incredibly expensive to maintain their systems. It’s best to upgrade your central air conditioner to a unit that uses a more environmentally friendly refrigerant.
The Home is Humid
If your home feels hot and sticky, it’s a sign that your AC unit is struggling to fight the humidity in your home. High humidity inside the home is often a sign that your air conditioner is reaching the end of its life. You want to replace your air conditioner because the extra moisture in the air can cause damage to wooden furniture and flooring and create an environment for mold to grow.
High Cooling Costs
If you keep noticing higher and higher energy bills as you run your air conditioner, you should have it repaired by a quality HVAC company like Hans. If repairs have not restored your energy bills, it may be time to upgrade to a new and efficient system.
It’s not abnormal to have your air conditioning fixed once a season, but much more than that is a sign of a big problem. Stop sinking your money into an old system and upgrade to a new air conditioner to save on repair costs.
Is A New Air Conditioner In Your Future? Talk to Hans For An Estimate
Hans Heating and Air is proud to provide thorough and comprehensive estimates for our customers in Lake Martin, AL. Our team of technicians works with our customers to make sure that we find the best solution to meet their comfort needs. We then provide installation services to ensure that your system works properly to keep your home cool. It’s always a good idea to get multiple estimates from HVAC companies for new installations; make sure Hans is one of them. Call us today to schedule an appointment.